The 4 Challenger and Cruiser teams listed below will participate in the Carrera Solar Atacama in Chile later in October. The route, shown below (click to zoom), passes through elevations ranging from sea level to 3415 m. See also the official race social media at (click on the symbols) and the live tracker.
This team came 6th at WSC 2013. They came 5th at WSC 2015. They came 3rd at WSC 2017. They came 3rd at Abu Dhabi 2015. They came 2nd at ESC 2016. Their car is called Punch 2. They recently raced a modified version of their 2015 car (Punch One) at iESC. Their team number (8) is a long-standing tradition.
This is a local team. Their car is a Cruiser, called Haalur. A render of the car is shown below. A presentation and test drive of the unfinished car was held on October 10.
18 Takai Urban
This is a local team. Their car is a Cruiser.
This is a local team. Their car is called Apolo IV.
There will also be around 7 additional cars in the Hybrid class (which is partially human-powered), including:
- Genesis 1 from Universidad Bernardo O’Higgins, Chile
- Inti III from Equipo Bolivia
- B. F. Fast from Liceo Industrial Benjamin Franklin, Chile
- UTEM 2 from Universidad Tecnológica Metropolitana (UTEM), Chile
- SENA from Equipo SENA, Colombia
- Emu α from Electromovilidad UAI (Universidad Adolfo Ibañez), Chile
- IntiCu2 from Universidad de Atacama, Chile
The Bolivian hybrid entry (picture credit)
This page last updated 12:00 on 21 October 2018 AEDT