Michigan on the track (picture credit)
Well, day 2 of the American Solar Challenge track race (the FSGP) is over. Poly Montreal / Esteban are still clear leaders, while Western Sydney did the fastest lap (80.5 km/h). Sadly, Kentucky, Florida, PrISUm, Illinois St, and Missouri S&T have not passed scrutineering as yet, and did not hit the track. I have updated my race information page and teams list with news and some pictures.
The chart below (in the colours of the track) shows the total laps (after penalties) so far. Teams which clocked up 96 laps in a single day or 143 laps on two consecutive days (thereby qualifying for the road race) are marked.
Below is the official group photograph. Left to right, and from the rear for each column, we have:
- Minnesota (35)
- Illini (22) and Esteban (55) with the blue car
- Polytech (89) from Russia, Onda Solare (559) with the Italian flag, and Eclipse (101)
- Kentucky (3), MIT (4), and Western Michigan (786)
- Florida (5), Michigan (2), and Western Sydney (15) with the red car
- App State (828), Illinois State (17), and CalSol (6)
- Waterloo (24), SIUE (57), and PrISUm (9)
- Georgia Tech (49) and Missouri S&T (42) in their characteristic orange shirts