Pre-race WSC memories (photo credits/larger pics: Eindhoven, Nuon, Twente, Bochum, Houston, EAFIT, Kogakuin, Stanford)
The following local and international World Solar Challenge teams are now in, or travelling to, Australia (click on the social media icons and links to find out what they are up to):
Cruiser class – 6 teams (out of 12)
- 11: Bochum University of Applied Sciences ( Germany, SunRiser) – in Darwin, see their latest (German) blog. They have adopted a baby wallaby, after finding its mother dead beside the road.
- 35: University of Minnesota ( USA, Eos) – in Adelaide
- 40: Solar Team Eindhoven ( Netherlands, Stella Lux) – in Darwin, see their blog
- 45: KGHM Lodz Solar Team ( Poland, Eagle One) – the first three team members have flown out to Adelaide
- 75: University of New South Wales / Sunswift ( Australia, eVe) – local team, preparing to travel to Darwin
- 88: Kogakuin University ( Japan, OWL) – have arrived in Adelaide and appear to have immediately begun driving north
Challenger class – 15 teams (out of 30)
- 2: University of Michigan ( USA, Aurum) – driving around Adelaide; their blog describes how their battery pack was stranded in Hawaii and had to be recreated
- 3: Nuon Solar Team ( Netherlands, Nuna8) – in Darwin, doing early-morning road testing
- 5: EAFIT-EPM Solar Car Team ( Colombia, Primavera) – have departed Colombia. Their car is in Darwin.
- 8: Punch Powertrain Solar Team ( Belgium, Punch One) – in Darwin, see this video of them working on their car
- 9: Adelaide University ( Australia, Lumen) – local team in Adelaide
- 12: Cambridge University ( United Kingdom, Evolution) – en route from Adelaide to Darwin, see their blog
- 13: Western Sydney U Solar Car Project ( Australia, Unlimited) – have (finally) formally unveiled their car
- 14: University of KwaZulu-Natal ( South Africa, Hulamin) – in Adelaide
- 15: Dokuz Eylül University ( Turkey, DesTech Solaris) – in Adelaide
- 16: Stanford Solar Car Project ( USA, Arctan) – en route from Adelaide to Darwin and testing in the Outback
- 21: Solar Team Twente ( Netherlands, Red One) – in Darwin, making some interesting blog posts. They have just had a green light to test-drive on the Cox Peninsula Road.
- 23: Kecskemét College Faculty of GAMF ( Hungary, MegaLux) – they are in transit to Australia. Their car is already in Darwin.
- 26: Durham University ( United Kingdom, DUSC2015) – advance party is in transit from the UK to Darwin to meet their car
- 30: Clenergy Team Arrow ( Australia, Arrow1) – local team, will be at the Clean Energy Conference in Melbourne before heading to Darwin
- 77: University of Toronto / Blue Sky ( Canada, Horizon) – en route from Adelaide to Darwin
Adventure class – 2 teams (out of 3)
- 20: Houston School District ( USA, Sundancer) – an adult advance team will be trucking the car from Sydney to Darwin, where the students will join them just before the race. Last report mentioned quarantine delays.
- 42: TAFE SA ( Australia, Solar Spirit) – local team