There are still only 7 international World Solar Challenge teams in Australia (click on the social media icons to find out what they are up to):
Cruiser class (2 teams)
- 11: Bochum University of Applied Sciences ( Germany, SunRiser)
- 40: Solar Team Eindhoven ( Netherlands, Stella Lux)
Challenger class (5 teams)
- 2: University of Michigan ( USA, Aurum)
- 3: Nuon Solar Team ( Netherlands, Nuna8)
- 8: Punch Powertrain Solar Team ( Belgium, Punch One)
- 12: Cambridge University ( United Kingdom, Evolution)
- 21: Solar Team Twente ( Netherlands, Red One)
Three of these teams are also on the list of Challenger class teams that mostdece.blogspot.com expects to do well, and two are favourites in the Cruiser class. Thirty days to go before the race!
Meanwhile, Bochum have started driving north – see their GPS tracker – while the Belgians are getting up close and personal with crocodiles. Twente have been clearing their car through Biosecurity. Michigan (photo at top) are in Adelaide, as shown on the map below:
Icons on the map are clickable and have mouseover explanation.
Update: there are rumours that Stanford is in Adelaide as well, but I have seen no word from them to that effect.