Nuon Solar Team has been reconnoitering the road from Adelaide to Darwin, during which time they tangled with a road train and passed this herd of cows.
The following World Solar Challenge teams have now arrived in Australia from overseas (click on the social media icons to find out what they are up to):
- 11: Bochum University of Applied Sciences ( Germany, SunRiser)
- 40: Solar Team Eindhoven ( Netherlands, Stella Lux)
- 2: University of Michigan ( USA, Aurum)
- 3: Nuon Solar Team ( Netherlands, Nuna8)
- 8: Punch Powertrain Solar Team ( Belgium, Punch One)
- 12: Cambridge University ( United Kingdom, Evolution)
- 21: Solar Team Twente ( Netherlands, Red One)
Other teams will arrive over the next month. One of the last will be Liberty Christian School, who plan to leave for Australia on October 8. The race begins on October 18, with scrutineering from the 13th.
See also the new blog mostdece.blogspot.com for an excellent status update on all teams.